Continuing from R’s Rue I don’t know if I’d mentioned that for awhile I have been listening to Pastor Rich Villodas. His sermons have been a balm to my spirit. I’m given hard hitting truth, but it a way that teaches, but doesn’t condemn. No fire and brimstone, but solid truth. I recently ordered his book, The Narrow Path. And as I’m in church today, the second song talks about the narrow way being hard, but it being the path I want to take. I should have realized my worship experience from song to preaching would turn me upside down. Turns out, I didn’t have a clue what my soul would endure. The sermon being about was it ‘worth it’ to follow God without question, without doubt, understanding waiting is not comfortable, but a part of the process. Was I willing to acknowledge its worth despite my years of waiting. I didn’t have time to contemplate this until the song that allows people to come forward, and make decisions. It was during this song that I remember what I had wanted for...
This is so simple but powerful. There is such comfort in remembering that faith doesn’t require us to have all the answers. Sometimes “I don’t know” is enough when we trust that we’re still being held and cared for.
ReplyDeleteSuch a simple yet beautiful sentiment. Missing you girlypop! (:
ReplyDeletexx
Yes to this!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday, darling!
xo,
CC